SUMMER ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT COMMUNICATIONS
Full Time – 16 Week Contract
Funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living promotes a holistic approach where all people can participate as equal citizens in community life. We deliver effective and responsive community services and programs for people with intellectual disabilities.
If you are someone who is looking for a great opportunity that will allow you to learn more about Office Administration and Communications this position may be right for you. We are looking for someone that is able to work in a relaxed office environment where multi-tasking and flexibility will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome visitors by greeting, directing and announcing them appropriately;
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed;
- Assist with Agency communications; writing posts for social media platforms as well as the Agency’s website;
- Contribute articles and assist with layout of BPACL’s newsletter, memos and other Agency communications;
- Perform other clerical administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing, data entry etc;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Either working towards or completed a post secondary degree or designate;
- Be between the age of 15 to 30 as per the funders requirement;
- Previous work experience in an office environment is an asset;
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal;
- Computer literate, Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, familiar with WordPress;
- Possesses an advanced understanding of social media platforms;
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure;
- Resourceful, organized, demonstrates initiative;
- Team player who takes on challenges and is comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
Hourly Rate: $14.26
Term: 16 weeks May, 2019 to August, 2019
Please apply quoting Job # -ADMIN in the subject line
no later than April 19, 2019 at 4:30 pm to:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BPACL is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.