Internal Job Postings
Permanent Part Time Support Worker
Posting Date: May 7, 2019
Closing Date: May 14, 2019 by 4:30 pm
Salary: BPACL Grid Level: C1
Hours of Work: Up to 60 hours in a two week pay period. Working mainly afternoons and weekends.
|Job Number||Position Title||Location/Program|
|Support Worker||294 Berford St/Residential Services
This position provides very individualized supports to three people. The Support Worker will be flexible and adaptable to the changing support needs at all times. Supports at this location will be highly focused on positive behaviour support plans and proactive health care supports. Supporting these three people to connect to their community through activities, events, celebrations, places of worship, volunteering and employment opportunities will be key to success in supports.
The Support Worker will be energized by being a creative, critical thinker.
The Residential Support Worker provides direct care and support to people receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living within its Residential Services, providing guidance and support to people within their homes. This position is responsible to promote safety, security, dignity and respect to all people. Effective and accurate written and oral communication is required. The Residential Support Worker will demonstrate professionalism as a liaison between individuals, their families, support networks and community partners if required. The Support Worker will participate as a team member by contributing input for the development, implementation and evaluation of people’s Individual Support Plans and day to day living. The Support Worker is responsible to contribute to and make recommendations about home safety, cleanliness and maintenance.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
Academic: Developmental Services Worker (DSW) diploma or equivalent diploma/degree or experience as determined by the employer.
Work Experience: Three or more years experience in the social services and/or community support sector.
Other: Current valid certificate in First Aid, C.P.R., Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, medication dispensing or successful completion of a recognized pharmacology course; current valid driver’s licence and own reliable transportation to be used in the course of employment.
Purpose of position:
The Residential Support Worker plays a vital role within Core Services to support people in a holistic manner. Through the knowledge and understanding of the sections of QAM and the policy directives that apply to specific ministry-funded developmental services and supports, the Residential Support Worker supports each person to reach their desired full potential.
|The job duties listed hereafter are an overview of the minimum requirements of the position and do not include all of the duties inherent, included or associated with the job or with the performance of the job.|
Duties and Responsibilities
Service delivery: The individual will be responsible for:
Service delivery which shall include, but not limited to:
Protect and maintain strict confidentiality of all people and families supported;
- In collaboration with each person’s support team, ensure that Individual Support Plans are a key component of each person’s plan and their daily living;
- Attends the person’s directed planning meeting as designated by the Supervisor/Manager and Senior Support Worker;
- Know and implement each person’s ISP, PBSP and any other protocol developed for the person;
- Provide input and feedback which will be used in preparation of the person’s planning meeting;
- Act as an appropriate role model;
- Ensure that the physical, medical and emotional needs of all people are attended to;
- Administer medications in accordance with the Agency’s policies and procedures;
- Assist people to facilitate daily activities;
- Provide required documentation to verify any monies spent, eg. Groceries, supplies etc;
- Provide overnight support when required. Performing duties as defined by their Supervisor/Manager;
- Carry out established supports required for the health, safety, rights and 8ifor the protection and promotion for each person;
- Assist the Senior Support Worker in maintaining appropriate inventory and stewardship of the home;
- Completes all documentation required (AIMS, ISP, charts) in a timely manner;
- Responsible for coordinating the daily routine of the shift in the absence of the Senior Support Worker;
- May be requested to provide on call support;
- Supports and assists people as needed and or as requested in all areas of daily living.
- Represent the Association in an appropriate, professional manner;
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act (SIPDDA), Ontario Disability Support Program, the Ontario Disability Employment Support Program and any other legislative requirements;
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and implementation of all Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living policies and procedures;
- Ensure that the workplace is maintained in a clean, safe and secure manner;
- Perform duties in a safe and responsible manner;
- Meet with staff and team members for evaluation and planning purposes;
- Participate in meetings for the purpose of enhancing services or building capacity and participate on at least one internal agency committee;
- Responsible for participation in training and life long learning;
- Provide Agency orientation for new staff as requested;
- Ensure Occupational Health and Safety standards are met.
Please send resume and cover letter quoting job number 23-PTSW-Res, to:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BPACL is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.