Contract Part Time Support Worker – Until July 30, 2021 or Return of Incumbent
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual disabilities? Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is a non profit organization located on the Bruce Peninsula that supports people with developmental and intellectual disabilities to live meaningful, active lifestyles in their community. You will be joining a team of dedicated and committed support workers whose mission is to promote people participating and contributing fully in their community and becoming all they can be.
As a member of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living the Support Workers provide direct care and support to people receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living. This position is responsible for promoting safety, security, dignity and respect to all people. Specifically, the role, responsibilities and activities of the position will be as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work each day toward supporting people based on the mission, vision and value statements of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living;
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed for the person supported;
- Support people in areas needed or requested;
- Accurately complete any required documentation;
- Carry out established supports required for the health, safety and rights for the protection and promotion of each person.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual disability;
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills;
- Team player and ability to work independently must be demonstrated;
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations;
- Proven understanding of ISP, and PBSP;
- Development and implementation of basic protocols;
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset;
- Comfortable with web based technologies, social media, communication programs;
- Familiar with adaptive communication;
- Clean driving record with 2 million liability insurance;
- Reliable transportation that is suitable for transporting people supported;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
- Current CPI certificate.
Hours of Work: Up to 60 hours in a two week pay period. Hours may change based on the needs of the people supported
Please apply quoting Job # -CPTSW64 in the subject line to email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity please inform the hiring manager if you require any accommodations.