TWO MONTH CONTRACT
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living promotes a holistic approach where all individuals can participate as equal citizens in community life. We deliver effective and responsive community services and programs for individuals with an intellectual disability.
Bruce Grey Shores Employment Support Program provides local community members facing barriers to employment with a range of employment related supports including, employment related workshops, individual employment counseling and post employment support.
The Employment Counsellor prepares people for employment through the facilitation of workshops, one to one employment counselling, consultation with employers and the development and implementation of employment service plans and facilitation of job search strategies including job placement and retention strategies to achieve successful employment outcomes.
- Research services and resources and develop service solutions to meet the need of people supported and/or employer needs;
- Complete intake package for employment supports with people supported;
- Work directly with individuals in developing outcome based employment goals;
- Develop training plans for each person supported, if needed and on the job coaching;
- Negotiate employment opportunities with employers;
- Provide on site support to employers to ensure job is supported to the extent it is needed;
- Provide individualized and/or group training/workshops regarding work readiness;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Actively develop strong and effective partnerships with a wide range of local community resources including the local secondary schools, employment agencies, community services, volunteer organizations, Chamber of Commerce and others as necessary;
- Complete all required Ministry reports, ensuring supporting documents are in place;
- Complete all documentation and reporting needs and ensure deadlines are met;
- Protect and maintain strict confidentiality of all people and families supported;
- Perform case management and other duties, special assignments as required by the manager;
- Attend meetings and conferences and participating fully as part of the team.
- Career Consultant Certificate preferred with a diploma or university degree in Career Counseling, Human Resource Management , Social Work and equivalent experience in a related field;
- 3 years experience in employment counseling, job development, employer outreach with sound knowledge of private and public sectors;
- Demonstrated experience in labour market, trends and community contacts and resources;
- Broad and extensive knowledge of government regulations and benefit schedules pertaining to government funded disability based services in addition to issues affecting disability related barriers to work;
- Demonstrated experience in workshop facilitation, resume writing, interview skills, and coaching;
- Experience working with people facing barriers to employment;
- Superior communication skills, interpersonal skills, team work skills, negotiation skills, and problem solving;
- Proficiency in the use of computers including word and data processing, designing flyers and presentations;
- Current valid certificate in First Aid, C.P.R., Non Violent Crisis /Intervention (CPI); would be an asset;
- Current valid driver’s licence and own reliable transportation to be used in the course of employment;
- Must be able to meet quick turn around deadlines, and have an excellent understanding of computer software;
- Exemplary customer service skills.
Hours: days, evenings, weekends based on the needs of people supported.
Please apply quoting job number EMPC1022 in the subject line
no later than October 31, 2018 to: email@example.com
BPACL is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.