Internal Job Posting
Part Time Support Worker
3 Month Contract Position or Earliest Return of Incumbent
Posting Date: September 4, 2019
Closing Date: September 11, 2019 by 4:30 pm
Salary: BPACL Grid Level: C1
Hours of Work: Up to 60 hours in a two week pay period.
|Job Number||Position Title||Location/Program|
|Support Worker||339 Mary Street
This team supports people with developmental disabilities to live fully engaged lives in their homes and in the community. The support Worker will work with the team to explore opportunities to offer the people they support, so they can be as active as possible in their communities and be involved in their chosen activities, such as employment, leisure or spiritual activities. The support worker will work with the people they support to encourage them to live independent lives where they are able to complete daily tasks and responsibilities independently.
As a member of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living the support workers provide direct care and support to people receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living. This position is responsible for promoting safety, security, dignity and respect to all people. Specifically, the role, responsibilities and activities of the position will be as follows
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work each day toward supporting people based on the mission, vision and value statements of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living;
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed for the person supported;
- Support people in areas needed or requested;
- Accurately complete any required documentation;
- Carry out established supports required for the health, safety and rights for the protection and promotion of each person.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual disability;
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills;
- Team player and ability to work independently must be demonstrated;
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations;
- Proven understanding of ISP, and PBSP;
- Development and implementation of basic protocols;
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset;
- Familiar with adaptive communication;
- Clean driver’s abstract and reliable transportation with 2 million liability insurance;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
- Current CPI certificate;
- Must be available to work day, afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
Please apply quoting Job # -PTSW41 in the subject line no later than September 11, 2019 at 4:30pm to: email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BPACL is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.