Internal Job Posting
PART TIME SUPPORT WORKER
Contract: 6 Months or earliest return of incumbent
Posting Date: January 16, 2020
Closing Date: January 23, 2020
Salary: BPACL Grid Level C1
Hours of Work: Up to 60 hours in a two week pay period. Hours may change based on the needs of the people supported.
|Job Number||Position Title||Location/Program|
|Support Worker||Community Participation
The Community Participation Support Worker works within a team to develop and implement community based leisure, health and wellness programs and activities. The Support Worker enables people and encourages them to participate as active members of their community. The Support Worker is actively involved in the activities organized by the Community Participation team and will serve as a role model to the people we support and to community members.
As a member of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living the Support Workers provide direct care and support to the people receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living. This position is responsible for promoting safety, security, dignity and respect to all people. Specifically, the role, responsibilities and activities of the position will be as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work each day toward supporting people based on the mission, vision and value statements of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living;
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed for the person supported;
- Support people in areas needed or requested;
- Accurately complete any required documentation;
- Carry out established supports required for the health, safety and rights for the protection and promotion for each person.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills;
- Team player and ability to work independently must be demonstrated;
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations;
- Proven understanding of ISP, and PBSP;
- Development and implementation of basic protocols;
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset;
- Familiar with lifts and transfers;
- Familiar with adaptive communication;
- Clean driving record with 2 million liability insurance;
- Reliable transportation that is suitable for transporting people supported;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
- Current CPI certificate;
- Must be available to work varying shifts based on program needs.
Regular Hours: up to 60 hours in a 2 week pay period
Starting Wage: BPACL wage grid C1
Please apply quoting Job # -PTSW45 in the subject line to email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please inform the hiring manager if you require and accommodations.