PART TIME SUPPORT WORKER – INTERNAL
GOULD STREET AND BERFORD STREET – PASSPORT
12 MONTH CONTRACT
As a member of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living the support workers provide direct care and support to individuals receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living. This position is responsible for promoting individual safety, security, dignity and respect to all people. As well as demonstrate professionalism as a liaison between individuals, their families, support networks and community partners if required. Specifically, the role, responsibilities and activities of the position will be as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be adaptable in an ever changing environment.
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Essential Life Style Plan and their Personal Outcome Measures.
- Ability to follow and implement a Positive Behaviour Support Plan.
- Ensure the safety of each person supported – Support people in areas needed or requested; shopping, recreation activities, vacation needs, relationships, medication and maintenance of their personal possessions and home.
- Accurately complete any required documentation and Essential Life Style Plan Information.
- Communicate pertinent information to other support staff.
- Carry out established supports required for the health, safety and rights for the protection and promotion of each person.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual disability.
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills.
- Team player and ability to work independently must be demonstrated.
- Demonstrated ability to support people towards BPACL’s mission.
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations.
- Proven understanding of Personal Outcome Measures.
- Development and implementation of basic protocols.
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset.
- Familiar with adaptive communication.
- Clean driver’s abstract and reliable transportation with 2 million liability insurance.
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Current CPI certificate
- Must be available to work mostly days, overnights and weekends.
Regular Hours: 2 shifts a week, up to 4 hours a shift. Shifts currently occur on Wednesday 9:30 am to 1:30 pm (split supports between people) and Friday 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. Changes may occur based on need.
Starting Wage: BPACL wage grid C1
Please apply quoting Job # -PASSPORT in the subject line
no later than April 20, 2018 at 4:30pm to:
314 George Street, P.O. Box 95,
Wiarton, Ont. N0H 2T0
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BPACL is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.