Internal Job Posting
Part Time Support Worker – Expected start date: December 1, 2019
1 year Contract or Earliest Return of Incumbent
Posting Date: November 21, 2019
Closing Date: November 27, 2019
Salary: BPACL Grid Level B1
Hours of Work: Up to 74 hours in a two week pay period
|Job Number||Position Title||Location/Program|
|Support Worker||294 Berford St/Residential Services
This position provides very individualized supports to three people. The Support Worker will be flexible and adaptable to the changing support needs at all times. Supports at this location will be highly focused on positive behavior support plans and proactive health care supports. Supporting these three people to connect to their community through activities, events, celebrations, places of worship, volunteering and employment opportunities will be key to success in supports.
The Support Worker will be energized by being a creative, critical thinker.
The Overnight Awake Support Worker is responsible for the ongoing direct care and support of people receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living within its Residential Services program. The Overnight Awake Support Worker is expected to respond to support needs as required during the overnight hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work each day toward supporting people based on the mission, vision and value statements of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living;
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed for the person supported;
- Perform light housekeeping tasks to maintain the home and program;
- Support people in areas needed or requested;
- Ensure that the physical, medical, and emotional needs of all people are attended to;
- Carry out established supports required for the best health, safety, and rights for the protection and promotion of each person;
- Accurately complete any required documentation for health and safety (nightly checklist, water temperature testing) in a timely manner;
- Maintain up to date case notes, progress reports and files in the appropriate database with relevant and up to date documentation, complete nightly financial audits;
- Support people in a group setting while still providing a person centred approach;
- Prioritize shift duties and responsibilities; demonstrate efficient time management skills.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual disability;
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations;
- Proven understanding of ISPs, PBSPs, Medication Management and Controlled Act Protocols
- Development and implementation of basic protocols;
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset;
- Familiar with adaptive communication;
- Clean driver’s abstract and reliable transportation with 2 million liability insurance;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
- Current CPI certificate;
- Must be available to work overnight awake shifts.
Please send resume and cover letter quoting Job # -29PTSW, to: email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity please inform the hiring manager if you require any accommodations.