Internal Job Posting
Permanent Part Time Support Worker
Posting Date: September 23, 2020
Closing Date: September 30, 2020 by 4:30 pm
Salary: Starting Wage: $20.56
Hours of Work: Up to 60 hours in a two week pay period, working mainly days, evenings and bi-weekly weekends.
|Job Number||Position Title||Location/Program|
|Job # PPTSW55
|Support Worker||SIL/Residential Other
This position provides very individualized supports people. The Support Worker will be flexible and adaptable to changing support needs at all times. Supports at this location(s) will be highly focused on positive behavior support plans and proactive health care supports. Supporting people to connect to their community through activities, events, celebrations, places of worship, volunteering and employment opportunities will be key to success in supports.
The Support Worker will be energized by being a creative, critical thinker.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to provide crisis intervention and exercise good judgment in emergency and/or crisis situations;
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for all potentialities within the SIL/Residential Other setting;
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills;
- Provide professional support in an, accepting, supportive and compassionate environment where people with developmental disabilities are valued as equal partners in creating positive outcomes;
- Facilitates supports based on self-directed support plans;
- Know and implement each person’s ISP, PBSP and any other protocol developed for the person;
- Demonstrates a respectful relationship with each person and recognizes their rights as citizens and promotes dignity and well being;
- Supports every person to develop decision making skills, exercise choices, and assume responsibilities and reasonable risk that promote inclusion in the community. Involve the person and their advocates in the decision making process;
- Is aware of the unique strengths, needs and preferences of each person, particularly as it relates to a person’s goals and aspirations;
- Supports each person to participate in the cultural, spiritual, recreational, leisure, and education activities in the community;
- Support each person to make informed choices in all areas as needed including healthy lifestyle (nutrition, diet, and exercise), budgeting, medical and safety issues;
- Ensures confidentiality of all information pertaining to people supported.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual disability.
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills.
- Team player and ability to work independently must be demonstrated.
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations.
- Proven understanding of ISP, and PBSP.
- Development and implementation of basic protocols.
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset.
- Familiar with adaptive communication.
- Clean driver’s abstract and reliable transportation with 2 million liability insurance.
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Current CPI certificate
- Must be available to days, afternoons, evenings, and every other weekend.
Regular Hours: up to 60 hours in a 2 week pay period
Starting Wage: $20.56
Please apply quoting Job # -PPTSW55 in the subject line no later than September 30, 2020 at 4:30pm to: firstname.lastname@example.org
314 George Street, P.O. Box 95,
Wiarton, Ont. N0H 2T0
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity please inform the hiring manager if you require any accommodations.