External Job Posting
Permanent Part Time Support Worker
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual disabilities? Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is a non profit organization located on the Bruce Peninsula that supports people with developmental and intellectual disabilities to live meaningful, active lifestyles in their community. You will be joining a team of dedicated and committed support workers whose mission is to promote people participating and contributing fully in their community and becoming all they can be.
The Overnight Awake Support Worker is responsible for the ongoing direct care and support of people receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living within its Residential Services program. The Overnight Awake Support Worker is expected to respond to support needs as required during the overnight hours.
|The job duties listed hereafter are an overview of the minimum requirements of the position and do not include all of the duties inherent, included or associated with the job or with the performance of the job.|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work each day toward supporting people based on the mission, vision and value statements of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living;
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed for the person supported;
- Perform light housekeeping tasks to maintain the home and program;
- Support people in areas needed or requested;
- Ensure that the physical, medical, and emotional needs of all people are attended to;
- Carry out established supports required for the best health, safety, and rights for the protection and promotion of each person;
- Accurately complete any required documentation for health and safety (nightly checklist, water temperature testing) in a timely manner;
- Maintain up to date case notes, progress reports and files in the appropriate database with relevant and up to date documentation, complete nightly financial audits;
- Support people in a group setting while still providing a person centred approach;
- Prioritize shift duties and responsibilities; demonstrate efficient time management skills.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual disability;
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations;
- Proven understanding of ISPs, PBSPs, Medication Management and Controlled Act Protocols
- Development and implementation of basic protocols;
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset;
- Familiar with adaptive communication;
- Clean driver’s abstract and reliable transportation with 2 million liability insurance;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
- Current CPI certificate;
- Must be available to work overnight awake shifts.
Salary: $18.50-19.62/hour (3 step grid)
Hours of Work: Up to 74 hours in a two week pay period.
Please send resume and cover letter quoting job number 32-PTSW, to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30, 2019 at 4:30 pm.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BPACL is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.