PERMANENT PART TIME SUPPORT WORKER
As a member of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living the support workers provide direct care and support to people receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living. This position is responsible for promoting safety, security, dignity and respect to all people. Specifically, the role, responsibilities and activities of the position will be as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work each day toward supporting people based on the mission, vision and value statements of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living.
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed for the person supported;
- Support people in areas needed or requested;
- Accurately complete any required documentation;
- Carry out established supports required for the health, safety and rights for the protection and promotion for each person.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual disability.
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills.
- Team player and ability to work independently must be demonstrated.
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations.
- Proven understanding of ISP, and PBSP.
- Development and implementation of basic protocols.
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset.
- Familiar with adaptive communication.
- Clean driver’s abstract and reliable transportation with 2 million liability insurance.
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Current CPI certificate
- Must be available to work overnight awake shifts.
Regular Hours: up to 74 hours in a 2 week pay period
Starting Wage: $18.22 hourly
Please apply quoting Job # -PTSWB in the subject line
no later than October 31, 2018 at 4:30pm.
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
314 George Street, P.O. Box 95,
Wiarton, Ont. N0H 2T0
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BPACL is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.