Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual disabilities? Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living and Community Living Walkerton and District, are looking for an outgoing, energetic, compassionate person to join our growing organization. Becoming a part of our team not only allows your skills to thrive, but will also create a difference and inspire others within the community. BPACL and CLWD are not-for-profit organizations located in the communities of Wiarton and Walkerton that support people with developmental and intellectual disabilities to live meaningful, active lifestyles in their communities. You will be joining a dedicated and committed team whose mission is to nurture inclusion and promote peoples full participation as valued and contributing citizens. At BPACL and CLWD we envision a community where all people are welcomed, accepted and included.
Together, BPACL and CLWD have an exciting opportunity for a nursing student or recent graduate to set up and coordinate a Rapid Antigen Testing clinic for COVID-19 with both agencies. Reporting to the Residential Program/IPAC Manager this role will play an integral part in launching the Rapid Testing program.
- Work each day towards supporting people based on the mission, vision and values of both BPACL and CLWD;
- Work with the Residential Program/IPAC Manager to design and implement the Rapid Antigen Testing program across both agencies;
- Coordinate clinic schedule;
- Administer the Rapid Antigen Test to clinic participants;
- Analyze and communicate results to participants;
- Report required information to Public Health;
- Complete all necessary documentation;
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality;
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and the recognition and reporting of unsafe hazards and work practices;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled or a recent graduate from a post secondary program in Practical Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, such as Excel.
- Team player with an ability to work independently;
- Enjoys interacting with people, and previous experience working with people with an intellectual disability an asset;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
Hourly Rate: $22.35
Hours of Work: Temporary full-time (35hrs per week) commencing as soon as possible for approximately 12 weeks.
Please apply quoting Nursing Summer Student in the subject line to email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living and Community Living Walkerton and District are equal opportunity employers committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise in advance if accommodation is required.