SUMMER EMPLOYMENT COUNSELLOR
Full Time – 16 Week Contract
Funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living promotes a holistic approach where all individuals can participate as equal citizens in community life. We deliver effective and responsive community services and programs for individuals with an intellectual disability.
Bruce Grey Shores Employment Services is dedicated to assisting people with a disability to find meaningful employment at a competitive wage. Our program is provided at no charge to both employers and job seekers. Employers will gain a hard working employee with the knowledge and skills to fulfill their job requirements.
Through this position the Summer Employment Counsellor will enhance our employment supports by providing:
- Support people with disabilities and other barriers to employment to learn necessary soft skills to be successful in employment;
- Providing on the job coaching and mentoring;
- Working directly with support persons who are working in paid employment to generate successful outcomes;
- Assisting with resume, cover letter and interview preparation;
- Mentoring work placements and support people and employers to ensure a successful employment experience;
- Representing Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living and Bruce Grey Shores Employment Services in the community.
- Either working towards or has completed a post secondary degree or designate;
- Be between the age of 15 to 30 as per our funders requirement;
- Current first aid and CPR certification;
- Team player, takes initiative, demonstrates creativity;
- Enjoys interacting with people, and previous experience working with people with an intellectual disability an asset;
- Drivers License is required and access to a reliable vehicle that may be used for work related duties as asset;
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), interpersonal skills. .
Hourly Rate: $14.26
Term: 16 weeks May to Aug, 2019
Please apply quoting Job # -EC in the subject line
no later than April 19, 2019 at 4:30pm to:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BPACL is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.