Temporary Part Time Support Worker
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living provides progressive and innovative supports to people with an intellectual disability who live in the community of Wiarton and the broader Bruce Peninsula.
At BPACL, our Support Workers support people with intellectual disabilities to live their best lives. We are looking for like minded people who share our mission. Working within a team environment you will have an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives. You will assist people with activities of daily living, working alongside individuals in their homes. You will assist people to make informed choices each and every day. You will assist with menu planning, grocery shopping, meal preparations, developing and achieving recreation and leisure goals, personal hygiene, simple housekeeping chores and you will assist people to make and maintain friendships while engaging as active members of their community. Your work days will be filled with meaningful and rewarding work and you will have the privilege to meet some of the most interesting people who require assistance in leading independent lives in their community.
If you have the skills and the personal qualities to support people to achieve their life goals in a supportive environment then please consider applying. We are looking for candidates who understand the importance of creating an inclusive community where all members can live their best lives.
Come live your best life working for BPACL.
|The job duties listed hereafter are an overview of the minimum requirements of the position and do not include all of the duties inherent, included or associated with the job or with the performance of the job.|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work each day toward supporting people based on the mission, vision and value statements of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living;
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed for the person supported;
- Support people in areas needed or requested;
- Accurately complete any required documentation;
- Carry out established supports required for the health, safety and rights for the protection and promotion of each person.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual disability;
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills;
- Team player and ability to work independently must be demonstrated;
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations;
- Proven understanding of ISP, and PBSP;
- Development and implementation of basic protocols;
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset;
- Familiar with adaptive communication;
- Clean driving record with 2 million liability insurance;
- Reliable transportation that is suitable for transporting people supported;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
- Current CPI certificate.
Regular Hours: up to 60 hours in a 2 week pay period
Starting Wage: BPACL Grid Level C1 ($20.56/hour)
Please send resume and cover letter quoting Job # -PTSW49 in the subject line
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity please inform the hiring manager if you require any accommodations.