Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living’s Family Support program provides enhanced services to people with intellectual disabilities and their families. Individuals and families can utilize a family support worker for advocacy, support, planning and linking to community and government services.
Our family support worker can assist by:
- Assessing the strengths and needs of the individual requiring support and their family.
- Provide early intervention and crisis prevention support to preserve family unity.
- Identify any resources or services that could assist the individual supported and their family.
- Act as a liaison/link to services and provide case management supports as requested by the family
- Assist with transition planning for children and youth
- Work on interagency collaborations when appropriate for resource development and advocacy
- Evaluate current services and their effectiveness
- Assist families to develop and implement person centered plans
- Assist families to access community and funding resources
Senior Family Support Worker