CASUAL SUPPORT WORKER
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual disabilities? Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is a non profit organization located on the Bruce Peninsula that supports people with developmental and intellectual disabilities to live meaningful, active lifestyles in their community. You will be joining a team of dedicated and committed support workers whose mission is to promote people participating and contributing fully in their community and becoming all they can be.
As a member of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living the support workers provide direct care and support to individuals receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living. This position is responsible for promoting individual safety, security, dignity and respect to all people. Specifically, the role, responsibilities and activities of the position will be as follows:
|Job Number||Position Title||Location/Program|
|Support Worker||Support people with developmental disabilities to live fully engaged lives in their homes and in the community. The Support Worker will work with the team to explore opportunities to offer the people they support, so they can be as active as possible in their community and be involved in their chosen activities, such as employment, leisure or spiritual activities. The support worker will work with the people they support to encourage them to live independent lives where they are able to complete daily tasks and responsibilities independently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work each day toward supporting people based on the mission, vision and value statements of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living;
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed for the person supported;
- Support people in areas needed or requested;
- Accurately complete any required documentation;
- Carry out established supports required for the health, safety and rights for the protection and promotion of each person.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual disability;
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills;
- Team player and ability to work independently must be demonstrated;
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations;
- Proven understanding of ISP, and PBSP;
- Development and implementation of basic protocols;
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset;
- Comfortable with web based technologies, social media, communication programs;
- Familiar with adaptive communication;
- Clean driving record with 2 million liability insurance;
- Reliable transportation that is suitable for transporting people supported;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
- Current CPI certificate.
Salary: BPACL Grid Level C1: $20.56/hour
Hours of Work: Varying shifts – must be available to work a flexible schedule which meets the needs of people supported; includes days, evenings, overnight and weekends. Must be able to work a minimum of 2 shifts a month and attend meetings.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity please inform the hiring manager if you require any accommodations.
Please apply quoting Job #CASUAL in the subject line to: email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process.
Applicants are encouraged to advise in advance if accommodation is required.