Permanent Full Time Support Worker – Residential
Posting Date: September 20, 2022
Closing Date: September 27, 2022 by 4:30 pm
Hours of Work: This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week. Hours of work will consist of weekdays, evenings, overnights and weekends with expected availability for call-in shifts and are subject to the needs of people supported.
Benefits: Eligible for our group benefits plan which includes: health, dental, life, long term disability, accident insurance, and our RRSP group plan upon completion of your probationary period.
|Support Worker||The support worker supports people with developmental disabilities to live fully engaged lives in their homes and in the community. The Support Worker will work with the team to explore opportunities to offer the people they support, so they can be as active as possible in their community and be involved in their chosen activities, such as employment, leisure or spiritual activities. The support worker will work with the people they support to encourage them to live independent lives where they are able to complete daily tasks and responsibilities independently.
As a member of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living the Support Workers provide direct care and support to people receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living. This position is responsible for promoting safety, security, dignity and respect to all people. Specifically, the role, responsibilities and activities of the position will be as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work each day toward supporting people based on the mission, vision and value statements of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living;
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed for the person supported;
- Support people in areas needed or requested;
- Accurately complete any required documentation;
- Carry out established supports required for the health, safety and rights for the protection and promotion of each person.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1-year experience working with people with an intellectual disability;
- Strong written, verbal communication skills;
- Ability to communicate with people who use a variety of communication methods;
- Team player and ability to work independently must be demonstrated;
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations;
- Proven understanding of ISPs, PBSPs, Medication Management and Controlled Act Protocols
- Development and implementation of basic protocols;
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset;
- Comfortable with web-based technologies, social media, communication programs;
- Familiar with adaptive communication;
- Clean driving record with 2 million liability insurance;
- Reliable transportation that is suitable for transporting people supported;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
- Current CPI certificate.
Please apply quoting Job # -PFTSW95 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity please inform the hiring manager if you require any accommodations.