Permanent Part Time Support Worker
Posting Date: April 29, 2022
Closing Date: July 1, 2022 by 4:30 pm
Salary: $23.56 an hour ($20.56 plus $3.00 wage enhancement)
Hours of Work: Up to 60 hours in a two week pay period, working days, evenings and weekend shifts.
Purpose of Position:
The Support Worker provides direct care and support to adults receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living. This position is responsible for promoting safety, security, dignity and respect to all people. Specifically, the role, responsibilities and activities of the position will be as follows:
|Job Number||Position Title||Location/Program|
|Support Worker||Community Participation
The Community Participation Support Worker works within a team to develop and implement community-based leisure, health and wellness programs and activities. The Support Worker enables people and encourages them to participate as active members of their community. The Support Worker is actively involved in the activities organized by the Community Participation team and will serve as a role model to the people we support and to community members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work each day toward supporting people based on the mission, vision and value statements of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living;
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed for the person supported;
- Support people in areas needed or requested;
- Accurately complete any required documentation;
- Carry out established supports required for the health, safety and rights for the protection and promotion for each person.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW/Recreation and Leisure and/or minimum of 1-year experience working with people with an intellectual disability;
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills;
- Team player and ability to work independently must be demonstrated;
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations;
- Proven understanding of ISP, and PBSP;
- Development and implementation of basic protocols;
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset;
- Familiar with lifts and transfers;
- Familiar with adaptive communication;
- Clean driving record with 2 million liability insurance;
- Reliable transportation that is suitable for transporting people supported;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
- Current CPI certificate;
- Must be available to work varying shifts based on program needs;
Please apply quoting Job # PPTSW-90 in the subject line no later than May 6, 2022 at 4:30pm to:
314 George Street, P.O. Box 95,
Wiarton, Ont. N0H 2T0
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please inform the hiring manager if you require any accommodations.