Full Time Support Worker – Overnight/Awake Contract
Posting Date: August 5, 2022
Closing Date: August 11, 2022 by 4:30 pm
Salary: BPACL Grid Level B1 ($21.78/hour)
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week – Working primarily overnight shifts, but may change based on the needs of the people supported.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual disabilities? Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is a non-profit organization located on the Bruce Peninsula that supports people with developmental and intellectual disabilities to live meaningful, active lifestyles in their community. You will be joining a team of dedicated and committed support workers whose mission is to promote people participating and contributing fully in their community and becoming all they can be.
Purpose of Position:
The Support Worker provides direct care and support to adults receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living.
|Job Number||Position Title||Location/Program|
|Support Worker||Job Title Details
The Overnight Awake Support Worker is responsible for the ongoing direct care and support of people receiving supports and services from Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living within its Residential Services program. The Overnight Awake Support Worker is expected to respond to support needs as required during the overnight hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work each day toward supporting people based on the mission, vision and value statements of Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living;
- Support each person as indicated by the person, their Individual Support Plan, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and any other protocols developed for the person supported;
- Perform light housekeeping tasks to maintain the home and program;
- Support people in areas needed or requested;
- Ensure that the physical, medical, and emotional needs of all people are attended to;
- Carry out established supports required for the best health, safety, and the protection and promotion of rights for each person;
- Accurately complete any required documentation for health and safety (nightly checklist, water temperature testing) in a timely manner;
- Maintain up to date case notes, progress reports and files in the appropriate database with relevant and up to date documentation, complete nightly financial audits;
- Support people in a group setting while still providing a person centred approach;
- Prioritize shift duties and responsibilities; demonstrate efficient time management skills;
- Complete nightly financial audits for each person and document on AIMS as required.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- DSW/CYW and/or minimum of 1 year experience working with people with an intellectual disability;
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to follow established IPAC and Health & Safety protocols;
- Proven skills to appropriately manage crisis situations;
- Proven understanding of ISPs, PBSPs, Medication Management and Controlled Act Protocols
- Development and implementation of basic protocols;
- Completion of a recognized pharmacology course is an asset;
- Familiar with adaptive communication;
- Clean driver’s abstract and reliable transportation with 2 million liability insurance;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
- Current CPI certificate;
- Must be available to work overnight awake shifts.
Please apply quoting Job #FTSW93 in the subject line to: email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process.
Applicants are encouraged to advise in advance if accommodation is required.