Passport Services

The Passport program at Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living strives to connect people to their community by enhancing skills, and providing supports so members of the program can safely participate in local events and be an active member of the community. 

We are passionate about encouraging natural and meaningful connections with all members of the community and on providing opportunities for experiences and supports adding meaning and value to someone’s life.

What is Passport?

The Passport Program, is a reimbursement program funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS), and provides individualized funding to adults (18+) with developmental disabilities to be involved in, and access their communities and to live as independently as possible. 

Are You Eligible to Receive Passport Funding?

If you are an adult with a developmental disability, you may qualify for Passport funding. 

How do I apply?

To apply for Passport funding, you must connect with your local Developmental Service Ontario (DSO) office.  
You can start the application process with the DSO as early as 16 years old.  But you will not be eligible for approved funding until you are at least 18 years of age.

The Phone number for DSO Southwest region is:  519-371-8428

For more information about the Passport program visit the DSO websitePassport program | DSO (

How can you use your Passport Funds?

Once your Passport funding is approved by the DSO, it is your decision whether to:

  1. Self-Administer all the funds on your own, or to
  2. Choose assistance with the administration of all your funding through a Transfer Payment Agency (TPA) or broker, or to
  3. Self-Administer some of your funds, and have some administered by a TPA or broker.

The Administration of Passport Funds is one of the services offered through Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living. 

Whichever option you choose, we are able to assist you in getting started.

Administration of your Funding:

Bruce Peninsula Association for Community Living is here to help you understand and administer your Passport funds.

Our supports include an individualized, person-centered approach to planning and budgeting of your Passport funds.

Have questions?